I wrote a side of A4 talking about these two solutions found in the first lesson documentary. However, as I've said before, these solutions would need to be used by the majority if not everyone for them to have an effect on the reversal of climate change. Here is what I wrote:
After sharing this with the class in week 2, the main criticism about it was the doubt of everyone complying. What could we do if countries did not comply to having carbon currency and, for example, only being allowed to use their car a certain amount of time depending on how much currency they have left. I said we need to 'force' people (without violence). Upon reflection, 'force' seems to be the wrong word; it is immoral to force things on each other and it would be difficult to force without resulting to violence. But what happens when the earth forces it on us, what happens when the earth uses violence? Natural disaster already occur but when it happens on a larger scale it will be too late.
We also watched another documentary in this weeks lecture. It was about the demise of oil and once again I felt like my eyes and opened to how serious the world problems with the environment are. The vicious circle of money and energy is really taking its toll on the world. I believe that these problems are real and should not be overlooked. In fact they need to be expressed more urgently to everyone to stress the importance of how much we need to fix.

No comments:
Post a Comment