Blog Archive

Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Peer Assessement

In today's lecture, we had a peer assessment. This is where fellow students looked at each other work and, using assessment criteria as guidance, gave grades and comments about the work. It was a good chance to have a look at how other people are progressing and comparing my how I'm getting on in contrast. The results I got for my work were pretty mediocre. At this stage an average score of C- ins't too bad, however it does raise some flags of concern. The important part of this peer assessment is the comments left, not the grade particularly;

Material. The material I used in my first prototype shown at the peer assessment was quite flimsy. This was down to using card rather than a more durable material. My peers picked up on this flaw and suggested looking into better materials considering how many bottles it must hold. The handle in particular was mentioned a few times. I will be using better materials for the final prototype.

Second Use. On the day of assessment, my second use idea was only just realised. Consequently, I had not developed much information about it. Because the idea is in its infancy due to second uses needing to be highly feasible to work, I still need to understand the idea myself first. Once I know what I am going to implement, I shall be designing an info-graphic (kindly suggested by one of the students) to demonstrate the potential of the second use board game.

Research. The big thing people were picking up on was that my research was not comprehensive enough. Looking into more materials, second uses and weight distribution would help. More research will naturally remedy all the issues with my first prototype and I am earger to correct my mistakes thanks to helpful feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment