The breif was introduced to us this week and I was glad to be presented with something different. I have never worked with drinks before. We have to redesign a new sustainable packaging to hold x6 bottles of drink. I like how we were given guidelines to work within, it allows me to get straight into the esign, knowing what colours are needed. However, this also might detract from the freedom of design.
Another important thing to include in my design is that the packaging has to be constructed without glue. The less materials, the more environmentally friendly. One really key thing to consider in my design is second use. Once packaging is used (especially alcohol) the boxes get thrown away striaght after. However, with a second use, the packaging life cycle can be prolonged. I have been thinking a lot about the second use of the packaging and I have a few ideas floating around.
I am also really excited with the prospect that the winning design will be taken forwards by Hobsons/Oldfields Orchard and could be used in actual retail. We were told that a bio of the designer will possibly be included on the retail pacakge. This has really influenced me to really work hard, I am really determined to be the one who succeeds because this would be a great entry to my portfolio.
On top of all that, I got to wear the suave bowler hat :)

No comments:
Post a Comment