Blog Archive

Friday, 10 October 2014

Task 3- Layout Pad Sketches

Once I did enough research, I began to develop my idea in my layout pad. I started with rough pencil sketches and then an idea struck. I wanted to design packaging for a phone case, a silicone case which is a widely recycled material. I wanted the packaging to made of cardboard, also recycled. Then for the second use, the packaging would fold out into a phone stand. Here are my sketches:





Using cardboard is efficient and easy to set up, however it is not very visually appealing unless you're into minimalism which I am. The main thing I was struggling with in my designs was the net for the package. This is something I will need to improve on for the finished product. I was also thinking of allowing for one of those audio enhancers which would install into the stand. It could also be made form cardboard, a bit like this:




No comments:

Post a Comment