Once I had the exact measurements, I started drawing it up in Illustrator.
Illustrator is still a program that I am learning. I did know a bit about it but I learned a lot from making this net. The rulers (guides) were very useful but required a lot of zooming in far to make sure they were in the right position and to the exact millimetre. In my previous prototype, the circles for the bottles didn't have much gaps in between each other and the edge. This presented a problem in that there were weak points with small gaps. Because of this, I had to spread them out more efficiently.
The net started to take shape. Now I had to print it which presented another problem. The net was bigger than A4 so I had to tile print it. I then stuck them together and this became a template for the actual material I was going to use: cardboard.
The cardboard on the left was too small so I had to draw it out diagonally. I noticed that this would become a problem because of how the cardboard works; it will not bend too well diagonally due to all the corrugated board in the opposite direction. I scrapped the left board and searched for a bigger piece of cardboard. This time I cut it out in the right direction.




No comments:
Post a Comment