This was Google's answer to Occulus Rift. The use of cardboard packaging here is really interesting and inspirational. Every single piece of packagin used in the product is also used in the actual product. It demonstrates second use packaging so elegantly. Learning how to make such packaging will take time, it is all about nets, here is the package in its folded out form:
As you can see, it is quite complex. But the complexity allows for such design greatness. It sniggers in the face of Oculus Rift's high density design as it functions in a very similar way but used very little material to achieve this. Here is the Oculus Rift in action:
The packaging for Oculus rift looks like this:
See a pattern emerging?
I then started looking at more nets to understand how packaging works. After some research, I learned that nets are mostly used with materials like paper, cardboard etc. because they are bendable and more importantly these materials are easily sustainable. Here are some I found:
Now that I have a greater understanding of nets, I think I'm ready to start designing my prototype.



No comments:
Post a Comment